Halsey feels "lucky to be alive" following health struggles.

 Halsey feels "lucky to be alive" following health struggles.


Grammy-nominated singer Halsey says she feels "lucky to be alive" after enduring serious health struggles. Although the 29-year-old hasn't specified her conditions, she suggested in an Instagram post that she might have been diagnosed with lupus and leukemia.

In a series of photos and videos, Halsey is seen in the hospital, describing herself as feeling "like an old lady." She captioned the post, "Long story short, I’m lucky to be alive," while also announcing her new album.

Halsey shared this health update alongside the release of her fifth studio album and its lead single, "The End," in which she sings about frequent doctor visits and being told she's sick.

The US singer-songwriter, known for hits like "Closer" with The Chainsmokers and her platinum debut album "Badlands," has spoken previously about her health issues. She revealed that her condition worsened during her pregnancy with her son, Ender, in 2021. Halsey has been treated for conditions including endometriosis, Ehlers-Danlos syndromes, Sjogren's syndrome, and mast cell activation syndrome. Her latest post hints at ongoing treatment for lupus and leukemia, tagging the Lupus Research Alliance and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
In her Instagram video, Halsey expressed determination to overcome her health challenges, saying, "I told myself I’m giving myself two more years to be sick. When I'm 30, I’m having a rebirth and I’m not going to be sick. I’m going to look super hot and have lots of energy and get to redo my 20s in my 30s."

Halsey's candidness about her health has garnered widespread support from fans, with her post receiving over a million likes and thousands of comments.

Post a Comment

0 Comments